Module 1 Next Steps
This is the first step in your certification training program. The contact details you enter here will eventually be used to create your listing on traumaprevention.com when you are qualified. This is the official TRE for All data resource. Please contact Marina Radovic with any changes or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a fee of $35 to enrol. On payment you will be able to receive updates as part of the TRE Global community. When you register on the TRE for All enrollment site pick Steve Haines as your Certification Trainer.
TRE Mentor is the term we use for supervisor. Your TRE Mentor is the person with whom you do the bulk of your supervision work. Students need to be proactive in booking sessions with their TRE Mentor.
You can change your TRE Mentor, but once only and it is generally not recommended. You can however get some supervision credits from single supervision sessions or group supervisions with other TRE Mentors. The whole process is overseen by your Primary Certification Trainer – Steve Haines for TRE College.
The very strong preference is that you choose one of the TRE Mentors on your Module 1. Email them direct to start the process and make a plan. You can learn more about their background, and get their contact details, here: https://trecollege.com/mentors/
Please discuss the journal process with your TRE Mentor. Check Chapter 07-Assessment Journal on the Thinkific Toolkit.
With your TRE Mentor set a timetable for achieving the goals of the TRE Certification process.
You can check the dates of upcoming Module 2s here: https://trecollege.com/certification/
Between Module 1 and Module 2:
- Minimum 20 hours of journaling of own TRE Process
- Minimum 2 personal TRE tremoring sessions facilitated by your TRE Mentor
- Read required literature and write short report – What is the physiology of trauma? 250-500 words
- Create a Learning Plan with your TRE Mentor and agree whether now is the right time to attend a TRE Module 2
- Recommended gap between modules is 6 weeks to 6 months
The announcement of the new structure for TRE training online was made on May 18 2020. I think it is fantastic news. I am hotfooting it at the moment setting up new systems to support your learning:
- Regular Group Supervision Sessions with TRE College Mentors
- Regular Open TRE Groups via TRE College with TRE College Mentors
- More dates for Module 2’s and Module 3’s