TRAIN AS A CERTIFIED TRE® PROVIDER
Online TRE Intro Days Steve Haines
4 Jun 2020 Thu 10am-4.30pm
30 Jun 2020 Tue 10am-4.30pm
30 Jul 2020 Thu 10am-4.30pm
Online Certified TRE Provider Training*
There is a new structure to training as a Certified TRE Provider with TRE College. There are now 3 modules:
Online Module 2x (1 day catch up), Teaching TRE® to Individuals For people who have completed the 3 days face to face Module 1 only, £120. 4 Jul 2020
*18 May 2020 New Guidelines from TRE for All, Inc have been published. All modules can now be taught online. All TRE College plans for face to face modules in 2020 have been shelved. Once social distancing restrictions are lifted it is possible there will be a face to face teaching options in 2021.
The old model was 6 days of face to face teaching spread over two modules. The new model is 6 days teaching spread over three modules. For people who have completed the old style, face to face Module 1 (3 days) there is a catch up Module 2x of one day to deepen into working with individuals. After completing the catch up Module 2x, you can then join the new Module 3.
The curriculum remains the same. The supervision requirements also remain the same. There is a minimum of 13 hours supervision that are essential to the process of training as a Certified TRE Provider.
Online TRE Certification Timeline
‘New Model’: Summary of certification requirements
- Attend Three 2 Day Online Workshops: Trainee must attend three TRE training workshops: Online Module 1 (2 days) and Online Module 2 (2 days), Online Module 3 (2 days). TRE for All, Inc requires regular TRE practice and supervision before attending Module 2 (there are also pre-requisites before Module 3). After Module 1 you will be required to form a relationship with a TRE Mentor and make a plan for your certification.
- 4 Personal 1 to 1 TRE Sessions: Learning about your own response to doing TRE in 1 to 1 sessions. The trainee needs to participate in a minimum of 4 personal sessions with a supervisor. Extra sessions may be recommended by your TRE Mentor.
- 4 Supervision Sessions on Teaching Individuals: Learning how to teach TRE to individuals. Before the final certification you will need to teach and record (usually video) working with at least 6 different clients. You will teach 4 new individual clients in single sessions. You will teach 2 individual clients over three sessions as case histories. Extra sessions maybe recommended by your TRE Mentor.
- 4 Supervision Sessions on Teaching Groups: Learning how to teach TRE to small groups. After Module 3 you will be supervised through the process of teaching TRE to small groups of between 3 to 8 people. You need to teach and record a minimum of 4 groups and get supervision on each group. Extra sessions maybe recommended by your TRE Mentor.
- 40 Hours of Journaling TRE Practice: Trainee needs to be doing their personal TRE with journaling. On completing the journal there may be requests for further journaling from your supervisor due to individual needs. You will develop a learning plan with your TRE Mentor.
- Read and Watch: The trainee needs to read the required literature and watch DVDs. You will be asked to write short reflections of your understanding.
- Final Certification Session: The trainee must complete a final certification session. This is with your Primary Certification Trainer (normally Steve Haines) not your TRE Mentor.
The certification process, from the start of Module 1 to Final Certification, will take typically take 12 to 18 months. The learning process is self directed and needs significant organisation and motivation on the part of the TRE Trainee. Your relationship with your TRE Mentor is key.
Please note, the requirements above are the minimum. Prior to Module 2 we will ask you to agree a learning plan with your TRE Mentor. Please note if you have not completed the TRE Journal requirements and the minimum 4 personal one to one TRE sessions we are likely to recommend you join a later Module 2. The personal process work is significant and needs to be fully engaged with before moving to teaching to other individuals.
For people without an existing qualification as a therapist or trainer then the supervision requirement will almost certainly be greater to make sure you have the skills to support people to safely learn TRE.
Supervision is an ongoing negotiation depending on your existing skills, your study progress and time taken to complete each stage. It is not unusual for more supervision sessions that outlined above to be required as part of your learning plan. The completion of the above minimum requirements does not guarantee you will be certified as a Certified TRE Provider.
Please note, TRE events attended prior to Module 1 do not contribute to the certification process.
Online Mod 1 (2 days), 25-26 Jun or 11-12 Jul 2020
Online Mod 2 (2 days), 6-7 or 29-30 Aug 2020
Online Mod 3 (2 days), 11-12 Oct or 27-29 Nov 2020
Online Mod 2x (1 day), 4 Jul 2020
Pre Covid-19 ‘Old Model’: Summary of certification requirements
NB 13 May 2020 If you are in supervision and have completed the old model 3 day face to face Module 1, this section still applies to you. You can join Module 2x (1 day) a catch up day on treating individuals.
The old model was 6 days of face to face teaching spread over two modules. The new model is 6 days teaching spread over three modules. All three modules can be done online. For people who have completed the old style, face to face Module 1 (3 days) there is a catch up Module 2x of one day to deepen into working with individuals. After completing the catch up Module 2x, you can then join the new Module 3.
- Attended minimum 6 days of training: Trainees who have already attended Module 1 (3 days) face to face can join Module 2x (1 day), a single online day on treating individuals, and then join Online Module 3 (2 days) to reach the required 6 days of training to become a Certified TRE Provider.
- Online Module 2x (1 day catch up), Teaching TRE® to Individuals For people who have completed the 3 days face to face Module 1 only, £120. 4 Jul 2020
Regular TRE® Certification Trainings and TRE® workshops in London
Train in TRE or try a 2 day workshop: Module 1 can be taken as intense TRE workshop for your own healing process or as the start of the TRE Certification Training.
If you intend to take the training program to become a TRE Certified Provider, TRE for All, Inc requires regular TRE practice, supervision and practice of teaching before attending Module 2.
There are regular TRE Groups in London where you can meet the teachers and experience TRE.
There are regular TRE Intro Events in London open to all comers.
Click on the blue text in the list below for more details and to book on a TRE Event. (Supervision Events are aimed at people in the certification process, but if you are an experienced shaker they may also be interesting and useful.)
TRE® in 100 words
TRE®, Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises, are a simple set of exercises that trigger a natural tremor reflex in the body.
Shaking can release long-held tension patterns and promote new feelings of connection and ease.
Shaking is a novel stimulus to the central nervous system. New stimuli, approached with safety and curiosity, can support learning and growth.
The psychology of trauma is complex, the physiology is relatively simple. In trauma old parts of the brain are fixed in defence cascades of ‘fight-or-flight’ or ‘freeze’.
TRE® is a safe, natural process to re-boot overprotective reflexes.
Table of Expected Costs
|Training Event||Breakdown of Cost GBP||Cost GBP|
|Total Cost Approx||1990.00|
|Three 2 Day Workshops||3 x 220 (if early bird)||660.00|
|4 Sessions on Personal Process||
4 x 70 = 280
(1 hours sessions cost £70-£80 depending on the TRE Mentor)
4 Sessions on Teaching Individuals
(Usually done by student making videos of their teaching and then 1 to 1 supervision based on the videos)
4 x 100 = 400
(Allow 1.5 hours for a session as TRE Mentor needs to watch videos)
4 Sessions on Teaching Groups
(Usually done by student making a video and then one to one supervision based on video)
4 x 100 = 400
(Allow 1.5 hours for a session as TRE Mentor needs to watch videos)
|Final Certifcation Session||1 x 100||100.00|
|Books, DVD, Website Registration||Approx 150||150.00|