TRAIN AS A CERTIFIED TRE® PROVIDER
Online Certified TRE Provider Training*
There is a new structure to training as a Certified TRE Provider with TRE College. There are now 3 modules:
Online Module 3 (2 days), Teaching TRE® to Groups, £250 full price, £220 early bird. 11-12 May 2021 (WAITLIST ONLY) or 6-7 Jul 2021 (NEW DATES) or 20-21 Nov 2021 or 15-16 Mar 2022 (NEW DATES, +£10 from 2022)
*18 May 2020 New Guidelines from TRE for All, Inc were published. All modules can now be taught online. All parts of the TRE Certification Process can be done online. The curriculum remains the same as for face-to-face courses. The supervision requirements also remain the same. There is a minimum of 13 hours supervision that are essential to the process of training as a Certified TRE Provider.
TRE Group Supervision Online, Steve Haines
Online Supervision Groups for Trainees and Providers, £35 full price
Group shake followed by discussion on all things TRE for Certified TRE Providers and Trainees. The goal is a creative space to explore TRE theory and practice. The sessions can form part of your Certification Process (NB please agree credits first with your TRE Mentor).
Content will vary but possibilities include: Group shake led by Steve; Check in on learning progress during all stages of the Certification Process (Self Practice, Teaching Individuals, Teaching Groups), Discussion of theory relevant to TRE; Demo sessions led by Steve; Learning from other Certified TRE Provider Trainees; Exploring clinical questions arising from real client experiences.
TRE Supervision Groups Online, Steve Haines
19 Apr, 10 May 2021
Online TRE Certification Timeline
Download Training Timeline as PDF
Summary of certification requirements
- Attend Three 2 Day Online Workshops: Trainee must attend three TRE training workshops: Online Module 1 (2 days) and Online Module 2 (2 days), Online Module 3 (2 days). TRE for All, Inc requires regular TRE practice and supervision before attending Module 2 (there are also pre-requisites before Module 3). After Module 1 you will be required to form a relationship with a TRE Mentor and make a plan for your certification.
- 4 Personal 1 to 1 TRE Sessions: Learning about your own response to doing TRE in 1 to 1 sessions. The trainee needs to participate in a minimum of 4 personal sessions with a supervisor. Extra sessions may be recommended by your TRE Mentor.
- 4 Supervision Sessions on Teaching Individuals: Learning how to teach TRE to individuals. Before the final certification you will need to teach and record (usually video) working with at least 6 different clients. You will teach 4 new individual clients in single sessions. You will teach 2 individual clients over three sessions as case histories. Extra sessions maybe recommended by your TRE Mentor.
- 4 Supervision Sessions on Teaching Groups: Learning how to teach TRE to small groups. After Module 3 you will be supervised through the process of teaching TRE to small groups of between 3 to 8 people. You need to teach and record a minimum of 4 groups and get supervision on each group. Extra sessions maybe recommended by your TRE Mentor.
- 40 Hours of Journaling TRE Practice: Trainee needs to be doing their personal TRE with journaling. On completing the journal there may be requests for further journaling from your supervisor due to individual needs. You will develop a learning plan with your TRE Mentor.
- Read and Watch: The trainee needs to read the required literature and watch DVDs. You will be asked to write short reflections of your understanding.
- Final Certification Session: The trainee must complete a final certification session. This is with your Primary Certification Trainer (normally Steve Haines) not your TRE Mentor.
The certification process, from the start of Module 1 to Final Certification, will take typically take 10 to 24 months. The learning process is self directed and needs organisation and motivation on the part of the TRE Trainee. Your relationship with your TRE Mentor is key.
Please note, the requirements above are the minimum. Prior to Module 2 and 3 we will ask you to agree and review a learning plan with your TRE Mentor. If you have not completed the TRE Journal requirements and the minimum personal one to one TRE sessions we are likely to recommend you join a later Module 2. The personal process work is significant and needs to be fully engaged with before moving to teaching to other individuals.
For people without an existing qualification as a therapist, teacher or trainer: The supervision requirement will almost certainly be greater to make sure you have the skills to support people to safely learn TRE. Typically we suggest groups of 4 extra supervisions.
Supervision is an ongoing negotiation depending on your existing skills, your study progress and time taken to complete each stage. It is not unusual for more supervision sessions that outlined above to be required as part of your learning plan. The completion of the above minimum requirements does not guarantee you will be certified as a Certified TRE Provider.
Please note, TRE events attended prior to Module 1 do not contribute to the certification process.
Table of Expected Costs
It takes between 10 and 24 months to train and costs about £2000 (Note the below)
- For people without an existing qualification as a therapist, teacher or trainer then the supervision requirements will almost certainly be greater.
- The goal of the TRE training is that every TRE Certified Provider will be able to lead people safely through the TRE process.
- Supervision is an ongoing negotiation depending on your existing skills, your study progress and time taken to complete each stage.
- It is not unusual for more supervision sessions that the minimum outlined to be required as part of your learning plan.
- Typically we suggest groups of 4 extra supervisions.
- The completion of the above minimum requirements does not guarantee you will be certified as a Certified TRE Provider.